Picture Your Pet
As The Next Auburn Valley Humane Society’s Calendar Star!
The Auburn Valley Humane Society (AVHS) is very excited to announce the 4th Annual Pet Photo Contest and Fundraiser! The AVHS Pet Photo Calendar Contest is a great way to show off your four-legged family members to loved ones worldwide and have a little fun bragging about the cuteness of their favorite pet. Plus you’re doing your part to change the lives of lost, abandoned, and homeless animals in our community.
The top 14 pet photos who receive the highest vote count will be the winners of the 2017 Calendar Contest and win a featured spot on one of the monthly pages. The photo with the most votes will be featured on the cover of the 2017 AVHS calendar and a monthly page. All winning photos will receive a free 2017 calendar. Calendars will be on sale at the shelter, online and at featured AVHS events beginning November 15, 2016. All photo entries will be featured in the calendar as well! In the event of a tie, whichever photo reaches the highest number of votes first, wins the cover spot.
Of course, the real winners will be the shelter animals in our care. AVHS provides quality care and forever homes for thousands of homeless and abandoned pets annually through animal sheltering and adoptions, veterinary care, SPOT program, humane education and much more. Auburn Valley Humane Society is not a United Way agency nor affiliated with any national humane or animal welfare organizations, but is supported by public donations and fundraisers like this pet photo calendar contest! Our goal is to raise $24,000 to provide for the medical care (spay/neuter, vaccinations and microchipping) for the animals in our care.
Entering is as easy as 1-2-3-4
- Complete the online AVHS 2017 Pet Photo Calendar Contest entry form.
Entries will be accepted from 12:00am PDT Saturday, May 21 until 11:59pm PDT on Friday, September 30, 2016.
- Pay the entry fee of $10 and accept the terms, conditions and affidavit of eligibility and liability release for entries.
- Upload your photo to the contest site.
If you do not have access to a digital camera, and/or computer, please contact email@example.com for further assistance.
- Write a BRIEF description (75 words or less) of how your pet has improved your life.
- All photos are subject to review, editing and removal by the Auburn Valley Humane Society. Please note that photos can take approximately ONE day to be approved and become available for displaying online and voting.
- Photos may contain humans and more than one pet.
- Individuals may submit more than one photo but keep in mind those friends and family votes add up, spreading those votes among multiple photos limits your chances of winning.
- Photos will be limited to the following species of pets: dog, cat, potbellied pig, rabbit, horse, hamster, gerbil, guinea pig, ferret, mouse, rat, caged birds, aquarium fish and domestic farm animals. Images that include any animal species other than those listed above will be removed from the Contest and the entry fee will be forfeited.
- Photos must be submitted by the pet owner and/or with the permission of the pet owner. If the photo was taken by someone other than the pet owner (professional or amateur) permission must be granted from the person who legally owns the photo. Photos taken by a minor must be submitted by a legal guardian.
- Provide a digital color photo in horizontal layout saved to the highest resolution as a .jpg or (JPEG) format. The original photo should be no smaller than 3648 pixels by 2736 pixels @ 72 dpi. If the photo is too small, it will be disqualified for use in the calendar portion of the contest due to printing constraints.
- All submitted photos become the property of Auburn Valley Humane Society and can be used at their discretion for any and all marketing purposes.
- The photo with the highest vote count will be featured on the front cover in addition to a monthly page.
- If you are one of the top 14 winners and the photo you submitted is poor quality (will not reproduce well in the calendar) and cannot be sufficiently improved for publication, we will alert you and give you an opportunity to send in a replacement photo of the same pet(s).
- Spreading the word helps us raise donations for the homeless and abandoned animals in our community. Our goal is to raise $24,000 to be used for medical care (spay/neuter, vaccinations and microchipping) for the animals in our care.
- Encourage your friends and family to vote for your pet’s photo online – you may email links to family/friends to vote. Remember, voting ends Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 10pm PDT.
- Each vote is a $1 donation. Vote as often and as many times as you wish. Credit cards are accepted via a PayPal secure server. Every vote is tax deductible and goes to a great cause ~ Changing Lives …Four Paws at a time! You can also vote for pet photos by coming into the shelter. If you do not have access to online voting, please contact us at AVHS.
- When registering votes, you agree to receive emails from AVHS for contest publicity purposes.
- All donations are non-refundable. All online payments are made through a PayPal secure site.
- Auburn Valley Humane Society is a 501(c)3 organization. Donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Remember to check the Leader Board to see how your pet photo is doing in the Contest!!!
AVHS does not receive financial support from state or federal tax dollars or from national humane or animal welfare organizations. 100% of the proceeds from the Contest and the sale of the calendars will be used to provide a safe haven and quality medical care for the homeless, lost and abandoned animals throughout our community during their time of need.
If you have any questions about the 2017 Pet Photo Calendar Contest or are having difficulty with the online entry process, please contact Sharon LaVigne, Director of Volunteer/Outreach Services for the Auburn Valley Humane Society at 253-249-7849 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.